Monday, March 19, 2007

High Calorie food

Surprise! Some food you might have thought was healthy turns out not to be. This includes granola bars and bagels, which most people consider healthy.

I knew some things were unhealthy, but applescauce? I never knew there were so many calories in it.

I have tried to be healthy and have to admit, I've used some of these foods, thinking they were healthier than other choices. Apparently I was wrong.

I used to have bagels instead of other food that I thought was unhealthy, but a four ounce bagel equals four pieces of bread. That surprised me more than some of the others.

Luckily, the website gives sugguestions of foods to have in place of the high calorie offenders. I think I'll have to try some of them.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You're not the only one who's been shocked to find out some foods have more calories than others. I've known plenty of people who are dieting that order things like salads with tons of bacon and cheese on them and think that they're eating healthy.

Blogger Beth said...

And don't forget the dressing! It is funny that some of these foods are unhealthy when they are supposed to be eaten for health reasons.